Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Girl Watching

I came upon a man in sand,
along the beach he'd made his stand.
He laid and watched the girls go by,
they pleased his flesh, they pleased his eye.
Bikini's pink and blue and yellow;
these were the things that drove this fellow.
I tried to shake him from his trance,
the sand was higher than at first glance.
As he would gaze and lust and drool,
the tide did play him for a fool.
I told him, "Man, you'll lose your life;
you'll lose your children, you'll lose your wife!"
I said I'd help to dig him out,
but as I tried he'd scream and shout.
He told me, "Leave!  You block my view."
It was then I knew the man was through.
A final wave did seal his tomb,
a sandy coffin was now his womb.
The sorry sap had watchd too long.
Can we now gain from where he went wrong?
Perhaps there is a moral here -
that we should keep our eyesight clear,
and not become desensitized,
to what parades before our eyes.

M.G. Sparks